Google Input Tools Telugu Download Free For Windows in 2024 offline installer!
Telugu is one of the most widely spoken Dravidian languages in India with nearly 80 million speakers globally. As a Telugu speaker, you may be used to typing in Telugu on your phone but find it difficult to do the same on your Windows PC.
The good news is you can easily set up Telugu typing on Windows using the free and easy-to-use Google Input Tools. In this beginner’s guide, I will explain how to download Input Tools and start typing in Telugu through different input methods.
Download and Install Google Input Tools Telugu
Google Input Tools is a small software provided by Google that integrates Telugu and many other language inputs into Windows.
Here are download links to the Telugu Google Input Tools offline installer that works on all Windows versions including Windows 11.
Here are simple steps to get started:
- Go to the Google Input Tools website and click Download.
- This will download an installer file to your PC.
- Run the .exe file and follow the setup prompts to install Input Tools.
- The installer size is around 125 MB and takes only a few minutes to install.
Once installed, Google Input Tools adds a language toolbar to Windows allowing quick access to Telugu typing from any app.
Enabling Telugu Keyboards
After installing Input Tools, enabling Telugu is very easy:
- Click the Input Tools icon in the taskbar and select Settings.
- Under Text Input, click Add Input tools.
- Select Telugu from the list and choose one or more input tools – Telugu phonetic, InScript etc.
- Click Add next to the ones you want to install.
The selected Telugu input tools will be now available in the Input Tools menu.
Typing in Telugu Using Different Inputs
Input Tools make typing in Telugu very flexible:
- Use the Telugu InScript keyboard layout modeled on the typewriter.
- Switch to the easy phonetic layout matching Telugu sounds.
- Type in Telugu phonetically using the English transliteration input.
- Handwrite Telugu letters using a pen or finger for the handwriting input.
As a beginner, I recommend the intuitive phonetic input method. Toggle between English and Telugu conveniently using the Windows language bar.
Under Input Tools settings, you can:
- Change keyboard layouts and switch input methods.
- Enable spellcheck and dictionary for accuracy.
- Adjust handwriting recognition sensitivity.
- Customize skin themes and panel sizes.
Personalize these settings based on your typing preferences to maximize efficiency.
Installing Google Input Tools is the easiest way to start typing in Telugu on your Windows PC as a beginner. Whether you are more comfortable with a keyboard or handwriting input, Input Tools have you covered.
I hope this beginner’s guide to setting up Telugu typing helps you use your Windows PC efficiently in your native language. Let me know if you have any other queries!