Want to Download Google Input Tools Marathi then this is the right webpage for you. if you know the installation and just want to download Google Input Tools Marathi then jump to the download section.
otherwise, let’s get started…
Marathi is an Indo-Aryan language spoken predominantly in the Indian state of Maharashtra and neighboring states. It is one of the 22 official languages and 14 regional languages of India with over 90 million speakers worldwide. While the majority of Marathi speakers use the Devanagari script, some communities may use Modi or Kaithi scripts.
For Marathi speakers using Windows PC, typing in Marathi can be challenging if your keyboard doesn’t support the language. The good news is you can easily enable Marathi typing on your Windows PC using Google Input Tools. In this detailed guide, I will cover everything you need to know about downloading and using Google Input Tools for typing in Marathi on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7.
Download Google Input Tools Marathi
Google Input Tools is a free software provided by Google that allows typing text in different languages using an on-screen keyboard, handwriting recognition, or transliteration from Roman characters. It supports over 100 global languages including Marathi.
To get started, go to the Google Input Tools page and click on the Download button. This will download a small installer file on your Windows PC. Alternatively, you can also add the Input Tools extension available in the Chrome Web Store if you just need the typing feature in your Chrome browser.
Run the installer file and follow the on-screen instructions to install Input Tools on your Windows system. The installer is around 125 MB and may take a few minutes to install. Once installed, Google Input Tools will integrate seamlessly with your Windows PC and you can access it from the Language bar.
Enabling Marathi Typing
Now that you have Input Tools installed, enabling Marathi is simple. Here are the steps:
- Click on the Language bar icon in the task tray and select ‘Settings’.
- In Text Input Settings, click on Add Input tools.
- Select Marathi in the list of languages. You can add multiple Marathi input tools including Marathi phonetic, Marathi InScript, Marathi transliteration and Marathi annotated.
- Click Add next to each tool you want to use. The added Marathi input tools will now show up in your Language bar.
- To start typing in Marathi, simply click on the Language bar icon and select the Marathi input tool of choice.
- An on-screen Marathi keyboard or transliteration interface will appear allowing you to type Marathi text.
- You can quickly switch between English and Marathi typing using the Language bar.
Typing in Marathi using Input Tools
Google Input Tools provide different options for typing in Marathi:
- Marathi Phonetic – This onscreen keyboard layout is based on the sound of Marathi letters making it easy to type Marathi words phonetically using Roman characters.
- Marathi InScript – InScript layout follows the Marathi typewriter layout with matras positioned logically for fast typing.
- Marathi Transliteration – Allows typing Marathi words phonetically using Roman characters which are then transliterated into Marathi scripts.
- Marathi Annotated – Displays Roman transliteration annotation along with Marathi script to help learn the language.
I recommend using the Marathi phonetic or transliteration input tools if you are new to Marathi typing. The visual keyboard layout and transliteration from English make it intuitive to start typing in Marathi within minutes!
Handwriting Input for Marathi
Apart from keyboard input, Google Input Tools also allow handwriting input for Marathi on touchscreen devices. Here is how to use it:
- Enable Marathi handwriting input in Input Tool Settings
- On the Language bar, select the Marathi handwriting input option
- Use a stylus or finger to draw the Marathi characters on the input panel
- Google Input Tools will recognize the Marathi handwritten text and convert it into typed Marathi text.
The handwriting recognition for Marathi is quite accurate and the input panel also provides character suggestions as you write. This makes digital handwriting in Marathi very convenient.
Advanced Input Tool Settings
Google Input Tools provide several advanced settings to customize your Marathi input experience:
- Switch keyboard layouts between InScript and Phonetic
- Adjust character preview time for handwriting input
- Use spell checker and dictionary for typed Marathi text
- Adjust recognition sensitivity for handwriting
- Personal and contextual spell check and word predictions
- Customize skin themes for keyboard and panels
Take some time to explore these settings and adjust them to suit your Marathi typing usage. The spell checker and word prediction is quite handy for quickly typing long passages in Marathi without errors.
Google Input Tools Marathi is indispensable software for easily typing in Marathi on your Windows PC. The intuitive and customizable Marathi input options make it suitable for users familiar with Devanagari as well as those who only know English alphabets. Both beginners and experts can benefit from the advanced transliteration and handwriting capabilities.
So go ahead, download Input Tools, add Marathi to your language list, and start typing in Marathi seamlessly on Windows. Let me know in the comments if you have any other tips for using Input Tools for Marathi.