Get the Google Input Tools Malayalam offline installer for all Windows for free!
Malayalam is one of the most widely spoken languages in South India with over 38 million speakers globally. The language has a long history and rich literary tradition. As a Malayalee, you may find it difficult to type in Malayalam on your computer if you are used to English keyboards.
The good news is you can now easily enable Malayalam typing on your Windows PC using the free Google Input Tools software. In this simple guide for beginners, I will explain how to download and set up Input Tools to start typing in Malayalam on any version of Windows.
Download Google Input Tools Malayalam
Google Input Tools is an official application from Google that makes typing in your native language easy on Windows. To get it:
- Go to the Google Input Tools website or tech accent and click Download.
- This will download a small installer file to your PC.
- Double-click on the file and follow the on-screen instructions to install Input Tools.
- The installer is around 125 MB and takes only a few minutes to install.
Once installed, Input Tools seamlessly integrates with Windows and adds a language toolbar to switch languages easily.
Enabling Malayalam Input
After installing Input Tools, enabling Malayalam typing is very easy:
- Click on the Input Tools icon in the taskbar and select Settings.
- Under Languages, click Add input tools.
- Choose Malayalam from the list. You can add multiple inputs like a typewriter, transliteration, etc.
- Click Add next to the ones you want. The added Malayalam inputs will be now available.
You are now ready to start typing in Malayalam directly from any app on Windows!
Typing in Malayalam
Input Tools provide different input methods for typing smoothly in Malayalam:
- Malayalam typewriter layout – Standard layout like a traditional typewriter.
- Malayalam phonetic – Intuitive layout based on pronunciation.
- Malayalam transliteration – Type in Malayalam phonetically using English letters.
- Malayalam handwriting – Write Malayalam letters by hand which get converted to text.
As a beginner, I recommend the easy and smart phonetic input method. You can switch to other inputs later.
You can customize Malayalam typing under Input Tools Settings:
- Change keyboard layouts anytime.
- Enable autocorrect and spellcheck to avoid errors.
- Adjust sensitivity for handwriting input.
- Personalize word predictions and suggestions.
- Switch input languages from the Windows language bar.
Tweak these settings based on what works best for you. It will really optimize the typing experience.
Installing Google Input Tools is the easiest way to enable Malayalam typing on any Windows PC. Whether you want to type phonetically or handwrite, you can start typing in Malayalam within minutes.
I hope this beginner’s guide helps you use your PC comfortably in your native language. Let me know if you have any other queries!